Thursday, October 31, 2013

In Loving Memory

If you haven't heard yet our blog buddy Rachel Silski from Madison, West Virginia over at Rachel's Country Roots had a tragedy in her family. Her nephew, Dax, was killed by a fatal gunshot wound. You can read a couple of the news articles circulating here or Dax's Obituary if you'd like more information on it.


The reason I wanted to reach out was to ask if you'd be willing to help. Dax's mom doesn't have life insurance on Dax so right now the family is trying to put together some money so they can have a funeral for the twelve year old son. We're putting together a large lump sum of money that will be donated to her family and would like to include you! We're going to be donating it as "your blog friends" or something similar and then possibly include first names of individuals if you'd like.

To donate I'd ask that you paypal the money to me: kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com 

Please select "gift" so there are no charges on the transaction. Also please put in the note of the paypal transaction that it's for Dax and then let me know if you're wanting to remain anonymous or have your first name listed as a donater to the cause. The amount you donate is up to you, if you can afford even $5 that will make a HUGE difference to the family.

If you'd instead like to find your own way to reach out and let Rachel know we're thinking of her you're welcome to go to the In Memory of Dax Dixon website and donate yourself! We're just wanting to round up a group of people instead to show her that as a blogging community we choose to support her but by all means please just do anything you can to help. We will be making the donation by the end of the day tomorrow as I know the funeral plans are set for Friday.

Rachel is also donating any profits from her store, Country Couture, to the fund so please order something if you'd prefer to do that instead by Friday!! 

We as a blogging community are extremely close and when something this close to home happens to one of our friends we look out for each other! We want to help Rachel's family as much as possible and I know Rachel's family appreciates any effort or amount we give them.

Thank you again for supporting Rachel in any way possible! If you'd like to reach out by sending her a card let me know and I can get your her address as well. I know a couple of us bloggers were wanting to send her some "thinking of you" gifts or cards so I can get you that information if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!