Thursday, October 10, 2013

Come Together

A couple of weeks ago I posted how a kind stranger in the Starbucks drive thru impacted my day.
I pulled up to pay, the cashier said "the person in front of you got yours today." I was thinking, that really sucks for that person, thinking they had received my order. Instead, they had paid for my latte. Wow, I was shocked and stunned. I had never had this happen to me before. It brightened my morning, put a smile on my face and made me realize that there are kind people out in the world.
 
via
So, the next week I did the same for a lady behind me. I ordered my latte, pulled up to the window and let the cashier know I would be taking care of the person's behind me.
I felt good driving off knowing I too had impacted the lady behind me and that hopefully she would pass it on.
 
via
A couple of days ago, Starbucks started a pay it forward campaign through tomorrow where they give you something in return for the generosity you pass on.
Basically Starbucks is giving you a free tall brewed coffee if you come into a participating location and buy someone their favorite beverage. Isn't that amazing? Although I like to perform small acts of kindness and receive nothing in return, this is a great way to start a movement.
When is the last time you bought someone something, left a thank you card just because or spread your love and generosity.
I feel as though if we all focused on making a positive difference in people's lives the world would be a better place.
 
We all have something small that we can do, why wait?
 
Let's go out and do some good today!
 
I would love to hear about your small acts of kindness!
 
Will you make a difference in the Starbucks line? Will you pay it forward?
 
via

#payitforward
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!