Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Power Play July 2013

 photo IMG_4366_zps1b1b5f58.jpg

For most of us when summer hits we change our entire routine, including our makeup and beauty routine. We look for easier, faster and more simple ways of doing things. Who wants to spend an hour putting on makeup, doing our hair and getting out the door?
Birchbox took a different approach this month to make our lives a little easier when it comes to our beauty products. Products that last longer and are perfect for work or play.

Birchbox releases a sneak peek video each month displaying the available products that we might receive. Let's watch that video:


The box that I received had some really great samples and I was pleased with this month's box!
 
 photo IMG_4373_zps71f786aa.jpg
Receiving the $10 beauty box subscription monthly allows me to develop a broad knowledge of products! Every month there has been at least one to two items that have been added to my permanent product storage. Birchbox has made it worth every penny.
 
The first item I received really excited me, Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow for $36. In the past few months I have been getting really involved in testing out more anti aging products. This product allows light to medium coverage for your face and is oil free while smoothing out your skin. Vitamins C & E are included in the product to fight the aging process.
 
 photo IMG_4376_zpsd4ea0917.jpg

I have never used bobby pins in my entire life. I know this seems shocking but I am not really an updo person and putting one on the side of my head doesn't look good to me. So I used these bobby pins in Madison's hair. They stayed pretty well and looked quite stylish with her outfit. If you are big on bobby pins the Birchbox Bobby Pins for $5 (a set of 6) are ones to snag.

 photo b8f4e796-6a68-4c98-8a91-a7a391120c08_zpsbc2539b3.jpg

The Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume for $85.00/50 ml seems to be one of the top perfumes I have received. It has a clean and fresh scent and doesn't seem to be overpowering. I would only use this perfume on the wrist and neck. It wouldn't be a perfume I would spray all over myself.
 
 photo IMG_4377_zps21a03637.jpg

 photo IMG_4378_zps8fcc75e6.jpg

Since I received Birchbox's Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle I didn't think I would find a better hair product but Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect for $32.00 delivered. This is a leave in conditioner that leaves your hair smooth, frizz free and restores the moisture! The product smells great and I am so glad to have received this sample!

 photo IMG_4374_zps29535f3e.jpg

The smell of COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for $32.00 is amazing! The refreshing scent of cucumber gives you the feeling of layering your face and skin with a mask. Most sunscreens leave your skin oily and greasy but this one is lightweight and oil free. I used the sunscreen on my shoulders and my nose and cheeks where I usually get the most sun and it worked perfectly!

I love Birchbox and have found their products to be a great guide to exploring new products!
You receive points with your purchases and the monthly box only costs $10! It is one of the best beauty investments I’ve ever made.

via

What did you receive in your Birchbox?
Have you signed up?
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! Stopping by from Samis linkup. Those bobby pins are super cute. I would lose them in 5 minutes tho.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!