Monday, February 3, 2014

I Like Cheese More Than Football

While everyone else on the planet watched the Super Bowl I went to the gym, cooked dinner and wrote this post....

via
The idea? First, although Manning was and can I say again WASSSS with the Colts I could really care less who won the football game. Also, I guess there will be no more talk for awhile about Peyton, Peyton Peyton! This will make more sense if you have watched the recent popular viral video here. Maybe I'm the only woman who hates football season and all of the time it takes away from the weekend and week but I'll stay aboard my anti sports train!

Second, cooking a meal that is so delicious that you get to blog about it is a win win.

So, here is that fabulous meal that Kate my blogging buddy turned me onto!

Cheesy Cornbread Casserole


Ingredients:

1 pound of ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 (8 oz) package of cornbread mix
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non stick spray
3. In a skillet over medium heat, brown your ground beef and onion until the ground beef is fully cooked and the onion is soft
4. Mix in the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes
6. Pour your ground beef mixture into your baking dish
7. In a separate bowl, prepare your cornbread mix as instructed on the box
8. Pour the batter over your ground beef mixture
9. Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and let cool for 5 minutes

This has to be one of the easiest recipes I make and the entire family loves it! It also makes plenty of left overs for lunches! 


3 comments:

  1. omgsh! This looks amazing! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who avoids football. Thankfully, my boyfriend doesn't enjoy it either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you loved it!! Seriously, anything from Shay @ Mix and Match Mama is fantastic and super simple, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!