Second, cooking a meal that is so delicious that you get to blog about it is a win win.
So, here is that fabulous meal that Kate my blogging buddy turned me onto!
Cheesy Cornbread Casserole
1 pound of ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 (8 oz) package of cornbread mix
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non stick spray
3. In a skillet over medium heat, brown your ground beef and onion until the ground beef is fully cooked and the onion is soft
4. Mix in the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes
6. Pour your ground beef mixture into your baking dish
7. In a separate bowl, prepare your cornbread mix as instructed on the box
8. Pour the batter over your ground beef mixture
9. Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and let cool for 5 minutes
This has to be one of the easiest recipes I make and the entire family loves it! It also makes plenty of left overs for lunches!