Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Perfection Is Unattainable

Perfection will never be possible.
There will always be a another goal once one is met.
There will always be another challenge once one has been succeeded.
You will make mistakes. Errors will be made more than once.
A quick response will result in a consequence.
A heated argument in your relationship will one day lead to regretful words spoken.
Although you may seem strong and full of confidence, somewhere deep inside you know what your true feelings are.

via
Who are we trying to be perfect for? A friend? A coworker? Our boss? Our spouse or partner? Our family?
How often do we find ourselves striving to be perfect for ourselves? Most of the time we are quite happy with the way we are. Self confidence might be higher if we didn't have the strain and pressure from others.
Who are they or anyone to judge the actions of others? What makes the judging person so perfect?

I read this the other day and smiled "Dear general public- should I need your opinion on whether or not my child should start Pre-K vs. kindergarten next year, rest assured, I will be sure to ask for your amazingly well researched and superior opinion on the direction of my 4 year olds education. In the meantime, please refrain from even letting yourself entertain an option on this matter, and I will carry on raising a ridiculously awesome and well rounded child." 

Here is a parent taking a stand. Recognizing all of those perfect people who think they know what's best for the well being of everyone. 
Sometimes, it makes you want to turn to a person and yell "who cares what you think, I'll do what I want!"

via
So here is what I would like to say:

Let me be me
Stop judging
This is my life
My decisions effect me and yes I know the negatives and positives of my actions
Mistakes are allowed, imperfection does not mean failure.

I have one life, it is mine to live and what you think matters but in the end its my choice how I live out each and every moment....give a girl some credit....you never know how amazingly educated someone could be until you give them a chance and an opportunity to show you. And when they mess up that "perfected image" you had in mind, it's not the end of the world. Try, try again....

Life is too short to expect so much out of one person that you cause them to break down. Never break a person's spirit, it's all they have. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! We are all perfectly imperfect. :) And we will make plenty of mistakes which allow us to grow and evolve. People should stop judging everyone and focus on enjoying their own lives.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!