Monday, February 10, 2014

Easy Cooking: Chili Mac

Let's face it, Monday's are the hardest for most of us. Back to work, back to school and back to the weekly routine of life. By Monday evening I am exhausted. I get so use to the calm, slow moving atmosphere over the weekend that I feel like I've ran a marathon by the time it comes for me to prepare dinner.

Lately I've been doing a lot of pinning on Pinterest to find easy simple recipes that take no time to make and it has been a success. Pinterest really has become my lifestyle assistant.

One of the newest recipes I have tried left my belly full and my taste buds satisfied. Even Madison ate almost her entire bowl!!

Chili Mac


Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp. Vegetable oil
1 lb. Ground beef
1/2 Onion, chopped
3 tbsp. Chili powder
2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Pepper and salt
1 tsp. Brown sugar
1 15 oz. Can of tomato soup
2 cups Water
16 oz. Elbow macaroni
2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook the meat until completely brown. 

2. Add the brown sugar, tomato sauce, water and macaroni. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the macaroni is tender. This will take about ten minutes. 

3. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.

The best part, devour each and every bite!!! Happy easy Monday cooking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!