Tuesday, February 25, 2014

First, You Must Love Yourself

While growing up, I always felt like the nerdy kid. The girl with the blue glasses, straight long stringy hair and a horrible childhood dealing with the repercussions of being hit in the face with a hockey stick.

I saw many things that were "wrong" with my appearance. I took everything anyone ever said to heart and it hurt me. It broke my spirit, my self confidence and still to this day I still believe some of the things that were said to me. "Too skinny, no butt, walks with her chin in the air, pale, big head, apple face and the list goes on and on".


Because I grew up hearing these hateful statements it was hard to push them away. Even to this day when put into a social setting I find myself comparing myself to others. I sit there thinking what are they thinking, what are they looking at and what is wrong with me.

It's hard to enjoy myself. Kids and adults can be so mean. I hate to think of the day when Madison starts feeling this way. When the kids begin to pick on her, call out her every flaw and try and break her spirit.


Even after being put through all of the torture of being the not so popular kid and feeling a need for constant self improvement I have began to build up my confidence. Madison has a lot to do with that.

For some reason when you become a mother you find yourself not giving a crap about what others think. I can act crazy if I want. I can go a day without makeup (ok, this might only happen on the weekend). I can wear my hair in a ponytail and not feel ugly. I can post this picture here on the blogosphere and feel confident.


I am beautiful in my own way. I am kind, loving, hard-working and I know that ultimately I am beautiful on the inside and the people around me love me for who I am. Regardless of what others said to me and will say to me, I love myself and no one can change that.

As I get older I realize that instead of focusing on all of the negative things said about me I focus on the good comments. "You look nice today, love that shirt, you smell good what perfume is that, pretty nails etc"


So filter out the nonsense, appreciate and respect yourself, fill your heart with love and you will forever be unstoppable!


2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of you because I think you're very pretty and wish I was as skinny as you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful, inside and out! I love your kind heart and sweet words every day :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!