Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Affecting Your Beauty?

Anyone and everyone who is sick of snow and cold temperatures please raise your hand.
Looks like many of you are on my side, except for those of you in Florida who decided to not participate in the polar vortex this season. Lucky you.

I'm about over winter this year. It's outstayed it's welcome and in my opinion it's time for spring and summer to begin.

I'm ready for flip flops, tank tops, sunglasses and glowing golden skin. Oh yeah about that, this skin covering my body looks like the Sahara desert. Anyone else having this problem lately?


I started going tanning the last few weeks and let me say I might as well been a snake. Last week I'm pretty sure I shed off an entire first few layers of skin. Yoga pants, black work pants you know anything black, well I guess they too saw the polar vortex arrive. Everything was covered in ashy white flaky skin. Attractive huh? Not so much.

So I did a little research and found the top three tips that we can use to solve this problem.

1. Avoid harsh cleansers. Choosing fragrance free moisturizing cleansers will keep your natural oils intact and help the skin from drying out as much.

2. Moisturize. Using petroleum jelly or a high quality thick moisturizer after a bath will lock moisture into the skin. If you are not fond of the jelly a lotion like shea butter will improve the look and feel of your skin as well.

3. Hydrate and Use A Humidifier. Although it is cold and dry outside this can also occur indoors. Without a humidifier the air can become dry causing nose bleeds, dry skin and many other symptoms. Keeping the air filled with moisture is very important. Drinking lots of water can make a world of a difference also. Hydrating the skin from the inside out and maintaining a healthy immune system is among the highest level of importance.


With these quick tips you can maintain your flawless, radiating, glowing complexion while also taking care of the inside of your body as well. Just because winter has decided to be brutal does not mean our skin has to accept it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!