Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Glam It Up: February Birchbox

February's Birchbox theme is based around awards season. Everyone loves to see the new trends, awesome attire and of course makeup and hairstyles of celebrities.

Birchbox came out with a few items to help anyone achieve the hot new look of 2014. Once again I wasn't that thrilled with the products I received so I finally did it, I cancelled my Birchbox subscription. I kept receiving duplicate items, I ordered a hair styling product and it took over two weeks to ship and as far as I'm concerned I've never gotten all that excited about the products.

Let's see the "glam" in the box.


Ruby Wing Color Changing Polish-$10
This item definitely intrigued me. It is a color changing polish. The color is gold while inside and changes to a reddish orange color when you go outside. The polish is also scented. I didn't really notice it too much but the Birchbox professionals say it has a floral scent.

Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy in Model is Monarch-$15
As dry as my skin has been it was nice to use this product. It smelled of vanilla and didn't leave my skin greasy or oily. The cream moisturized my hands and really made them feel great!

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara-$19.50
I don't find many mascaras that I like so it didn't surprise me that this one was just average. It went on smooth and didn't clump but I like mascaras that give my lashes fullness. I have tiny lashes so if after applying a mascara they don't look long and full I'm dissatisfied.

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Palette-$49
I really loved the color samples that were sent in this palette. I do have to remember they are samples and that means one swipe over the color card and you are dunzo. It's nice to try different shades but when you receive a little trial it's hard to formulate an opinion. 

Agave Healing Oil Treatment-$24
As appealing as it sounds too have sleek, smooth frizz free hair I cannot bring myself to put the oil hair treatments on my scalp. Sorry Wide Open Spaces readers no can do.

This will be my last Birchbox review. As fun as it has been receiving snail mail every month I did not find the products to be useful for myself. I instead put those funds towards the gym and successfully have attended about three times a week now. Until I find another subscription that fits my taste I'll keep loving my Ipsy glam bag. 


1 comment:

  1. I also canceled my Birchbox subscription after this month and I've heard about so many people that aren't very happy with their boxes lately. I would have loved to have gotten your box, I don't think I'll be using anything I got in my box.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!