Monday, September 30, 2013

Cloudy, With A Chance Of Weekend

Something happened this weekend that has never happened, ever.
My parents went away for the entire weekend leaving my younger brother at home with my other brother to look after him.
I've never shared the story of my brother and all that he has endured but let's just say it was nice having some quality time with my two siblings.
Although we couldn't bribe my sister into joining us we had a fabulous time!
 
 
Friday night we had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant Mi Amigos and then spent the entire night trading Droid apps and tips for our phones. Needless to say, Robin (The Siri Challenger) is my new found friend.
 
 
Saturday was a day filled with lots of plans.
I started off the morning with a visit to Starbucks. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are my addiction!
 
I felt the need to spend more time with my brothers so we had lunch at Jacomos. I have heard the rave reviews about the pizza and I now know why. Some of the best pizza around town!
 

We took a trip to the park where we finally took some family photos with the help of a tree and a self timer. The weather was perfect.  I also got to spend time with my brother's girlfriend which rarely happens!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Madison and I ended the night with a nap, Chick-Fil-A and taking ridiculously funny selfies.
 
 
Yesterday it rained cats and dogs almost the entire day. We have been planning to go and see Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 for months now so it only seemed appropriate that we stay out of the rain and stuff ourselves with popcorn. The movie was awesome, the catchy phrases and the storyline made for one of the best children's comedies.
 
 
The rest of the day was relaxing. I burned my new favorite candle in an apple cider scent, took a power nap, straightened up the house, finished the laundry and made spaghetti for dinner.
 
A lot of quality time was spent with the family this weekend and many tasks were completed. Overall, I am grateful to have such loving people in my life and the ability to show Madison a wonderful life.
 
With a pumpkin spice latte in my hand, here's to making this Monday a positive and uplifting one!
Cheers!
 
via
 


1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds like you had a great weekend!!! I was going to take Wyatt to the movies but I want candy and popcorn and my dietbet weigh in is tomorrow. We will go next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!