Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget 9/11/01

I sat in the cafeteria on September 11, 2001 like any other day. Talking with friends, hoping the rest of the day would pass quickly and that I would have no homework. Wow, it feels like it was light years ago.

As soon as my mother came briskly walking in and told me to come with her I knew something wasn't right. We had no time to talk until we sat down in the car and she told me an airplane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I was speechless.

How could this be happening? Was it an accident? Was it intentional? Confused and dazed she pulled all of us kids out of school before they all went into lock down for the remainder of the afternoon.

We all sat in front of the television, tears in our eyes and a heavy heart. All of the poor people. Some jumping, screaming and many running for their lives. It seemed like it was something that should be happening in a movie, not real life. Then the second plane hit the second building and tears flowed like crazy.

Speechless and saddened by the events taken place you couldn't help but sit and watch the events unfold. Then came news that American Airlines Flight 77 had hit the Pentagon, then United States flight 93 was taken over by hostages and crashed in Pennsylvania.

Was the U.S in the middle of a terrorist attack? So it seemed. Scared for whatever could happen next I stayed glued to the television screen, praying that nothing else would happen. That we wouldn't be next. That the entire U.S would not face a war of some kind. It is very hard to sleep at night knowing we are so vulnerable and at any given moment we could all be gone in a split second.


Every year when September 11 comes around I feel a heavy heart. You can't help but remember those poor souls who didn't make it out alive or gave their lives trying to save others.
Each day that I wake up I can only thank God for the life he has given me. Some days I might not understand his plan and become discouraged but in the end I am happy, healthy, safe and alive.
I am so thankful for my friends and family and everyone around me who truly cares about me.

I feel honored to live in such a strong nation filled with men and women protecting and fighting for our freedom each and every day.

We may never forget on September 11, 2001 how many lives were changed and how much all of our heart's ache for the lives lost that day.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!