Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Birchbox: September 2013

It's that time of the month again! I'm not talking about that dreadful time but the time when the mailman delivers a package to my door step full of surprises!

This is Birchbox's three year anniversary and I am so glad I get to be a part of the celebration! Birchbox sent out a 1000 point golden ticket to 100 lucky subscribers (worth $100 in the Birchbox shop). Although I didn't receive a golden ticket I did receive a coupon for 30% off the Customer Favorites Shop!

This month's theme was Heritage and the card reads:

“The best part about beauty? It’s not the glitter or the gloss, or even those miraculous antioxidants from far-off lands. It’s the stories. Every brand we work with, from the just-hatched to the iconic, has its own fascinating history. Just look at Ruffian, a New York-based fashion label started by two designers with a flair for Victorian drama. Their first nail lacquer collection-which all of our subscribers will get to try this month-was inspired by the runways but voted on by you. File that away for party conversation when someone compliments your mani. This also happens to be our anniversary month, and we can’t let it pass without thanking the people who have helped create our story: our members. All we had was an idea-we needed you to add the magic.”

So let's see what came in our magical box of surprises!

 

I am highly impressed with the items that were sent in the Birchbox this month. It is rare that the products sent are ones you would be using the most of.

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara: Full Size-$24
I am really liking this mascara. I have used it for about three days now and I love the volume it gives my lashes. It is also waterproof and for a woman that is a must for those emotional type of days!

Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream SPF 45: Full size-$39
When I first began receiving the Birchbox's I found myself very confused on what a BB cream actually does and what the need for it is. After using BB creams almost every morning I don't understand why I didn't use it sooner. The product provides light coverage and helps with the signs of aging skin!

Ruffian Nail Lacquer-Hedge Fund: Full Size-$10
I apologize in advance for the crappy picture. I couldn't seem to capture the real color and look of this polish.  It is a great color for fall and would really enhance any ensemble. It is rare that I receive a bad polish in my Birchbox.

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips: Full size-$14.50
Now that the weather is changing and it is becoming more dry and cool my lips need more lip balm. This tiny little sample packed a great product to try. The balm had a thicker substance with a feel of Vaseline. The creamy layer added a great amount of moisture and silkiness to my lips. This is a must have for anyone with dry, chapped or cracked lips!
via
Amika Blow Up Spray: Full Size-$24
I became a little too excited about this product and used it the same night I received my Birchbox and totally forgot to include a picture with the rest of my items. This product added great texture to my hair. My hair smelled great, looked silky and smooth and I didn't have to worry about static. Although my all time favorite product for hair is Birchbox's Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle this item ranks among the top as well.


(Post Amika Blow Up Spray)

I also received in the mail my Ipsy bag (review to come)
Both subscriptions are $10 and come with the best products to try before you buy!

Have you signed up yet? If so, which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!