Thursday, August 1, 2013

Help! Please Choose One!

via
Watching kids grow up is never easy. I have really felt this sink in this week but I am choosing to look on the brighter side of things and appreciate what I have. Kaitlyn touched on this topic yesterday and I certainly think everyone should take the time to read it.

First it begins with their clothing. They grow like weeds. Half the clothes I bought for Madison ended up only being worn a few times because between the rotation of laundry she would grow an inch.

The next to come was toys. She has a short attention span for toys as I do. She has to have multiple items to keep her busy. Give her one item and she is dunzo real quick.

Now my dilemma is furniture. The little girl has legs for days and so her little bed is just about useless. We saved a little time and money by taking the side rail off of her crib and using it as a toddler/daybed. Up until now it hasn’t been a problem but now her little toes are starting to stick out through the sides of the rails when she lies completely flat.

The only challenging part is we plan on (fingers crossed) selling our house at the beginning of 2014. In this situation what do you do? Which color do you choose? We have no idea how her next room will end up so what if the bed doesn’t match? Buy another one at that point?

I have searched online and found some possible options, vote in the comment section below and help me decide what’s best!
via
via

via

via
via
via
 
This one actually comes with a mattress!

Do you have a kids room?
Have you moved and needed furniture and had to make this decision?
I need your help! Go vote now!!


3 comments:

  1. We moved up from a toddler bed to a single bed. I didn't want to spend too much money on a bed that I am sure will have crayon marks and dings in it shortly.
    We ordered a bed and mattres from Ikea. I was able to stain the wood myself to make his dresser. If I had a little girl, I am sure I would have gone a little nicer but it works for us.
    I liked all the ones you picked!!! The second one is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first...because it looks like it's from Ikea. From personal experience as a tall person - I would get her something without a footboard. Plus, not having a headboard/footboard gives you a ton more options for placing a bed. Sometimes certain placement looks weird or doesn't work with them (ie, in a corner) (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would get a platform bed with drawers, that way you have extra storage if you need it. When we moved about a year ago, we got lucky in that the room was already painted in a color that match E's nursery. However, we just re-did his room a couple months ago. I would go with something that is neutral, dark brown, black, etc. so you have more options in a new house.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!