Driving for 6 hours in a 24 hour time period is exhausting especially when the first three occur right after a long and busy day of work.
Needless to say vegging out on the couch and not doing a thing sounds awesome.
Guess that can wait until tomorrow.
Why tomorrow you ask?
Today at 5:00 begins my second vacation of the year!
With no plans, no arrangements and no idea what will happen I can definitely say I will be winging it.
I have ideas of the fair, shopping, eating fattening foods, sleeping in and making a to do list that I hope to complete.
For now here is my weekly wrap up! Linking up with Lauren for High Five For Friday!
1. While traveling to Tennessee to be with my family, Madison stayed home with the hubs. With taking her to school, making sure she matched and getting her hair into a ponytail I would say the morning routine went pretty smooth.
2. Breakfast of champions. Coffee and a Cinnabon cinnamon roll. Yes please! I did all that I could to calm my nerves before the funeral. I think I just made my hands shake even more than usual.
3. On the road (while around no other cars) I managed to take a few shots with my phone. Yes, smack me now. It sucks traveling alone. I am use to snapping pics whenever I see something cool but not this time. It was nice to have silence and time to think about everything.
4. Have I ever mentioned my obsession for miniature things? Complimentary hotel bathroom products excite me. I was even impressed that they included makeup remover wipes!
5. As sad as yesterday was, my grandfather had a beautiful service and his casket is gorgeous. I miss him so much and my grandmother too. They were a piece of my childhood and a part of my life growing up. It feels like every time someone dies a little piece of me dies as well inside. My heart is aching the more I think about everything. I am so lucky to have a wonderful mother who took care of the both of them until they died. She is so strong and courageous. They may be angels in heaven but I have an angel here on Earth, I call her mom.
The countdown to 5:00 begins now!
How was your week?
Anything exciting happening this weekend?