Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Best Four Years

I feel like you never know what true love is until you look into the eyes of your child for the very first time. The moment takes your breath away and every piece of emotion sweeps over your body. Excitement, love, joy, happiness and fulfillment. A big piece of your heart will always be in their hands. They make you melt with one smile or one laugh. Their carefree ways force you to realize that life shouldn't be taken so seriously and to live a little. Appreciate the small things and don't let the little things bring you down.

Four years ago today Madison looked into my eyes, squeezed my finger and stole my heart forever. She is truly the love of my life. You can be married, you can have a partner or be dating someone but this love is a different kind of love. A love that is unexplainable until you experience it. They say becoming a parent is like having your heart walk outside of you forever. This couldn’t be anymore true.

 
 Madison is truly my best friend. Last week my mother wrote a part of my post describing her relationship with myself. The same goes for Madison and I. She is my little side kick. She is what keeps me going day after day. Her free spirit, willingness to do anything and her loving ways show me that she has a great future ahead. There is nothing in the world that I wouldn’t give her, show her or experience with her. She makes me smile and laugh and appreciate being a mother. I love her with all of my heart plus a million times more.

 
If you are a parent, you know exactly how I feel. Nothing can describe the feelings you have when you look at your child or children. There is nothing better in the entire universe then spending your life raising a child and seeing them grow up before your eyes. I get the lump in my throat and the tear in my eye every time I think about how big she is getting but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.


If you are thinking about having a child or are too scared to take the leap because of the stories you have heard or you don’t think you are ready, take the leap! Just do it! Trust me, you will never ever regret it. No one is ever really ready. You have to jump in with both feet and know that everything will end up just fine. Everything happens for a reason and I believe God has a plan for all of us. Children are the best part of that plan.

Here a few more snapshots and a recap of Madison's 4th birthday party!




 


 
 

The Strawberry Shortcake Princess
 
 Madison's future husband, Cash. He has a MAJOR crush on her. So sweet
 
 My sister is a cake decorator, isn't she talented?!?!?
 
Time to dive in!
 
 My mother made these small delightful treats, yum!
 
 My favorite picture by far
 
 Future model? I think so!

Go out and be a kid!
Live life, enjoy the small things and laugh as much as possible!
You only have one life to live, make the most of it!




3 comments:

  1. She's so precious! They grow up so fast. :) And you're so right, there is nothing greater than how much you love your child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pink and black dress! I'm so glad my husband can't tell me to keep walking past the adorable little girls' dresses now :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!