Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's My Birthday!

I am in a awkward position given the fact that I have to work an 8 hour work day and take my little princess to dance class tonight. What happened to party all day, party all night, this is the life of a, the life of a go getta go getta? Okay excuse my mini break out dance session! (If you have never heard this song, I apologize now for the confusion).
via
Anywhooo, I guess getting older isn’t too bad. I mean what’s wrong with more wrinkles, gray hair, memory loss and even more sag to the noticeable areas? Alright, maybe a little too extreme for 28 but hey I’m sure all of this will come with time. God bless my aching heart.
 
via
So I figured I would take a different route with the blog and let my mother take over for the day. I mean who else knows me as well as she does, um no one. So without further ado here is my mom and her heartfelt words about me and for me. Grab the box of Kleenex because this one is a tearjerker. Okay at least for me it was :)
 
On this day 28 years ago, my life began. Before, my life had no meaning, no purpose but then I was blessed with a blue eyed, blonde haired little girl. Oh how did my life change. I finally knew what true love was. Little did I know at the time but that little baby would be my savior and my rock and eventually my best friend. I would have never gotten through some difficult times in my life without Brooke. She is what kept me going and gave me a purpose to my life. Over the years, I have watched her go from a baby to a 5 year old going on 28 in 2 point 5 seconds. She was always older than her age, maybe because I treated her more as a friend than a daughter. She was my little side kick. We were always together and I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom so I was able to volunteer at school to still be with her.  I wouldn't change a single thing about my life after having Brooke. I have 3 other children, Crystal, Daniel and Brian. Brooke wanted to be mom to them. She always wanted to help take care of them. My youngest, Brian was born with complications and Brooke was with me at the hospital the entire 9 days right by my side helping me keep it together. She wouldn't leave the hospital until Brian could come home. She has such a big heart. I don't think she realized at the time how much her being there meant to me. Of course, most 15 year olds wouldn't. She has made me so proud throughout life and continues to do so. She has now made me a grandmother and watching her be a mom is such a blessing. I see her with her daughter and see the friendship they are building with one another. I can only hope they will be as close as we were and are. She has grown up into a young woman that would do anything for anybody. I am so proud of her and so thankful to God for bringing her into my life. She is one of the 4 chambers of my heart and without each one, my heart would not be whole. I love you Brooke with all my heart. Happy Birthday!!!
 
Isn't she the sweetest? I promise I didn't pay her to write this :)
Well I am off to stuff my face with donuts, cupcakes, cake, chocolate, wine and anything else I can get my hands on. What can I say I'm partying, CAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Okay not really, I will be a busy little bee and be in bed by 10. Isn't getting old so much fun? I will expect all deliveries to arrive in the mail by the end of the day :)
 
Happy Thursday!


8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. Your mom is so sweet to write that for you. You two really seem like best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, girl! Have a great day! And your mama is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your momma is too sweet! Happy Birthday!!
    (and thanks, btw, now I have the go getta song in my head!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest Birthday Friend!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!