Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wanderlust

This is the longest I have had to wait for my Birchbox to arrive and it has driven me crazy!!

 
What is Birchbox you might ask?
It's a monthly beauty subscription box containing 3-5 high end beauty products!
The items in the box are customized to the subscribers beauty profile.
Sometimes Birchbox will throw in a "lifestyle" additional item that can be related to beauty such as food.
Almost every month Birchbox has a theme that they base the boxes from. Whether from a TV show, to a popular celebrity or magazine Birchbox's themes aim to please.
The monthly subscription cost is $10

This month's theme is Wanderlust!

Let's open up the box and see what's inside :)



Oscar de la Renta Something Blue: $85.00-50ML/1.7OZ
The perfumes ingredients contain Mandarin, Linden Blossom, Stephanoti, Lilly of Valley, Lychee, and a hint of Vanilla and White Musk.
Personally this sounds very floral to me. That is exactly what it is. The perfume smells like a garden of flowers and fresh cut grass. My taste of perfume would not be of this kind. I am usually not a fan of the perfumes Birchbox includes in the box each month.



Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores: $32.00-1.7OZ/50ML
I purchase a lot of skin care products for my face and this is a product I will purchase in the future. It is made more for a deep pore cleansing. I would recommend using this product once a week. As always I am not too impressed by the size of the sample but with this sample you can feel and see a difference in just one use!



LAQA and Co Lil’ Lip Duo: $16
I am usually a daily user of lip gloss rather than lip pencils and lipsticks but this is a lip pencil I could get use to. The color is a little bright for daily wear but I could see putting it to use for a girls night out or date night! The lip crayon is highly pigmented and stays put for hours.
Madison loved the fuchsia berry color so much she even had to help me test out the product!



Color Club nail polish in London Calling: $8.00
It is rare that nail polishes live up to the standards of daily Esse and OPI wearers but this mini bottle of pistachio colored polish held up to my expectations.
I only needed two coats to complete my manicure and the nail polish made it through a few rounds of dishes! Pairing it with a bright pink color I had on hand and designing my nails with polka dots gave my fingers the perfect spring look (a very quick mani, so ignore the smudging). This little bottle receives an A+ in my book!



Lifestyle Additional Item: Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer: $32.00-1.7OZ/50ML
I was disappointed by the sample size AKA teeny tiny that Birchbox included! The sample packet states to use day and night but I barely got my morning use out of it. With small samples like these it is hard to form a good opinion of the product. I guess it is the "extra" product thrown into the box but with a moisturizer I like to use it more than once to see if I like it.


As a bonus item Birchbox also threw in these adorable postcards!
Who doesn't love sending and receiving postcards!
 
This was a great month for Birchbox!
Between the mask, nail polish and lip crayon I am one big happy camper!
If you want to learn more about Birchbox click here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!