Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fifty Shades Meets Desperate Housewives

My days are jam packed full of work, play time with Madison, cooking, cleaning, bath time etc so sitting down to veg out and soak in prime time TV rarely happens.
 
While scrolling through my Twitter feed I stumbled across a new show hitting the tube on Monday nights.
 
So I set my DVR to record to see what all the hype was about.
 
As soon as I watched the preview I knew I would be hooked.
 
I view the show as Fifty Shades meets Desperate Housewives, winner winner chicken dinner!


Mistresses, described as “A provocative and thrilling drama about the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends -- each on her own path to self-discovery as they brave the turbulent journey together” had my attention at scene one!!

In case you didn’t catch the show or don’t know anything about it, here are a few details:

Mistresses will include 13 episodes and premiered Monday June 3rd at 10pm on ABC.

Alyssa Milano plays Savannah (Savi) Davis. She is a successful attorney working on her professional and personal life. She has been trying to start a family with Harry Dillon, played by Aussie Brett Tucker, but when fertility issues come into play she finds herself attracted to her partner Dominic played by Jason George. In the pilot she begins an affair with Dominic after problems arise with Harry.

via
via
via
Jes Macallan plays Savi's sister, Josslyn Carver. She is a single and flirtatious real estate agent who relies on Savi a little too much. Josslyn is having an affair with Chris Payne Gilbert who also is married.

via
 Rochelle Aytes plays April, a widowed mother of a ten year old daughter. April has been trying to get back into the dating scene but has been having trouble due to her husbands passing. Cameron Bender stars as Richard a new love interest. We have learned in the pilot that her deceased husband had an affair with another woman and had gotten her pregnant.
 
via
The fourth ‘mistress’ is Yunjin Kim, who plays Karen. Karen is a therapist who had a relationship with a sick and dying married man who is now helping the family in their grieving process. The grieving window has no idea that Karen was sleeping with her husband. From the upcoming previews it looks like Karen may begin a relationship with the son, Erik Stocklin who plays Sam Gray.
 
via
via
“These four friends support and guidance with each other as they brave turbulent journeys and life’s storms of excitement, secrecy and betrayal, all the while bound by the complex relationships they’ve created.”

Watch next week’s preview:
 

Did you catch the pilot?
Will you be watching?
 

2 comments:

  1. Saw the previews for this the other day and I was like "i must watch this" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!