Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday has to be the most productive day of the week for me, normally. I have a feeling that I will be super lazy today. I had a fun night out with my best friend last night to celebrate her birthday and well lack of rest and one too many Sex On The Beach's has taken over my energy!

I am linking up for the Sunday Social to spill my guts about high school! This was a very tough time in my life. I went from one high school for freshmen and sophomore year to a totally different school for my junior and senior.

Sunday Social

Let's get to the questions:
 
1. Biggest Middle school fashion mistake?
Oh my goodness, I would have to say being too casual. My freshmen and sophomore years I cared about what I looked like. I had a good group of friends and boyfriends so I cared more about my appearance. Then I switched schools and became an outcast. I was miserable. I wore jeans, a long sleeve shirt and the same gray hoodie every day. I pretty much hid at the back of the class hoping no one noticed me.

2. Who were your best friends in hs? Pics?
At my first school I had a large group of friends. I had more girl friends than guy friends. We passed notes, shared classes and talked on the phone for hours. At my second school I made two good friends Caitlynn and Ashton, I wish I would of stayed in touch and not lost that friendship. I don't have any pictures, it really wasn't the popular thing to do like it is today.

3. What was a typical weekend like for you in hs?
I made it a point to work as many hours as I could. My boyfriend, now husband worked with me at the local diner so we picked up matching shifts and catering jobs so we could be together. I usually worked all Saturday and Saturday night then Sunday morning. Sunday night consisted of homework and cramming for tests.

4. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends? Tell us about that
Boyfriends, oh there were boyfriends. The torture I put myself changed my trust, views and happy thoughts about boys. I only had one boyfriend who I messed it all up with. He actually would of been a great father and husband. But I was the stupid girl who wanted the bad boy. So I broke it off with the current boyfriend and dated the bad boy. Two years of tears and sadness I put myself through. Cheated on constantly and put through emotional turmoil. I look back at the lessons I learned and I appreciate the experience but my heart aches knowing that my first true love experienced our heartbreak with me. 

5. Did you have any secret codes with your friends? Spill your secrets!
Um not really. We had secret handshakes if that counts? Ha we were dorks. We were more obsessed with the movie clueless. Ever heard of that movie? Yes fashion, nails and clothes were our thing! We even used a tape recorder and recorded conversations and then passed the tape recorder between classes. I still have the tape recorder, the recordings are hilarious!

 6. If you could relive one day/moment/experience from middle school or high school, what would it be?
I had a sleepover with my cheer leading squad. Makeovers, watching movies and eating junk food with all of the girls was so much fun. My mom was a volunteer also so spending time with her for all cheer leading events was a blast! My mom and I are very close.

 
I hope you enjoyed the linkup! If you haven't joined the link up, grab the button above and share your experiences!
 
Don't forget about the giveaway I am participating in!
 

 

1 comment:

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!