Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag Feb 13'

Like myself, most of you have signed up with Birchbox for their monthly beauty samples.
Have you heard of Ipsy? If you haven't, it is the same sort of thing. $10 a month for 4-5 beauty samples. Now I do love Birchbox but so far the Ipsy glam bags have beaten out my Birchboxes. I do tend to compare the two just to see which has the better quality products and which products I would buy at full size or keep at a sample size.
I do have to say what won me over with Ipsy were the adorable little beauty bags you receive each month. Each one has a different color and a different design. And anyone who knows me knows I LOVE my bags! Do you have an obsession for anything?
Okay I have kept you waiting long enough, let me share with you what I received in this months Ipsy glam bag.

I opened my bag, peeked inside and found all of these great items! This month’s theme is “Red Carpet Ready”. Ipsy wants you to channel your inner celebrity with star-worthy products from Coastal Scents, MicaBeauty, Lash Card, Pixi, and POP.

1. Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara from Pop Beauty: I loved the brush style of this mascara. I always have trouble brushing on mascara on the outside corners of my eyes so this type of brush helped. However, the lengthening and thickening that I prefer in a mascara was not there. Have I mentioned I am a mascara snob?

2.Gel Eyeliner in Black from MicaBeauty: Ipsy sent the eyeliner in black! Yay! This adds bonus points for me. The eyeliner has a really nice pigment and is very easy to use. It was missing the little brush that usually comes with the eyeliner but overall the quality and the staying power was there! It helped with nice tight lines and only took about a minute to dry.


3.In The Spotlight Eyeshadow Sample Set from Coastal Scents: So cute! If you know me, anything "mini" sized makes me smile. I love that four colors came in one palette, giving me the chance to try multiple colors. All of the colors went on smooth and blended easily.
The colors I got in my sample are (top to bottom left to right) Dark Goldenrod, Sunbeam, Golden Globe, and Dark Golden Olive.

4. The Lash Card from Lash Card: I really think these little pieces of cardboard are pointless. I have to say it makes putting on mascara a little more difficult rather than helpful. I would prefer to not ever receive another one of these again.

5.Flawless and Poreless Primer from Pixi Beauty: Another great sized sample to try. I can usually make my judgement call based on a 1/2 tube of primer. I am always on the hunt for the latest and greatest and I would say this primer works great! The only downfall is it leaves your skin looking a bit shiney. It is advertised as having a “beautiful no-shine, cashmere finish” however I found that it’s actually substantially light reflecting, creating shine where it wasn’t previously.

Are you signed up with Ipsy?
Do you have any favorites from this glam bag or previous glam bags?
Send me comment, I would love to hear your opinions!








2 comments:

  1. I used to get an ipsy bag every month, but I found I just didn't like the stuff they were sending me. Might try birchbox next month and see how that one goes! or maybe give ipsy a shot again!

    new follower!!!

    Lindsey
    www.lifeoncountryside.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first month getting the Ipsy bag and sad to say that I loved it more than my Birchbox! Don't tell Birchbox I said that. Love! And I didn't get the brush for the eyeliner either. I guess I will have to go and get one so I can try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!