Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Shining and Sparkling Beauty

My Ipsy Glam Bag has finally arrived and I can say I was completely shocked at how heavy the package was when I took it out of the mailbox.

The question that seems to be asked the most is “what’s the difference between Ipsy and Birchbox?”


In my experience Ipsy sends full sized products and sticks with the lower end and more affordable brands like NYX. In comparison, Birchbox’s samples are of higher end products and come in smaller sized samples. The price of full size Birchbox products are also a little higher. All around I love both companies and enjoy all of the products. I like the variety and choices that I receive each month and that’s why I am subscribed to both.

In this month’s bag each item took on a festive and more glamorous look along with the bag itself in all of its shining golden glory, let’s see what’s inside!!



em michelle phan pillow plush cushiony lip balm in Berries-Retail $15.00
As much as I love lip balm I thought $15 for the size of this product was a little extreme. The lip balm does leave your lips silky smooth and shiny but not worth the price. As dark as the lip balm may look the color was a subtle and nice shade once I applied it on. 
                                              

Be a bombshell Lip Crayon-Retail $14.00
The last Bombshell lip crayon I received was a bright pink so it comes at no surprise that this sample would be any different. Only now in a red shade! It is definitely a bright red. I have actually kept these lip crayons for when Madison needs bright lip shades for her dance recitals. I even in the best shade of light can never pull off these colors!


Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer-Retail $13.00
I love my nail polishes so I am a very happy camper when I receive Nailtini products! This shade is perfect for winter and for the upcoming holidays! It took about two coats to retrieve a nice smooth covered look, not bad. 


Pixi Beauty Bronzer-Retail $5.00
I love how subtle this bronzer is! I have purchased bronzers in the past that leave my skin orange and three shades darker than my neck. Yuck! This product leaves your skin with a light glowing layer of color.


Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil-Retail $14.00
All of my eye pencils are black and I have never worn anything else. I feel a little washed out if I am not using a black eye pencil. Although this item is a fun product to play around with I don’t see myself using it unless I blend it into an eye shadow or wear it to an event for the holidays.


TRESemme TRES Two Extra Hold Holdspray Travel Size-Retail $0.50 1.5 oz.
I love mini hairsprays! Especially in the winter when I find my hair experiencing static. I throw a can in my purse and I am on my way! I also use TRESemme’s Dry Shampoo spray as well! I haven’t had a bad experience with TRESemme products!


The value of this bag came to $61.50 which is amazing! If you haven’t subscribed to receive Ipsy’s monthly glam bag I suggest you do! Look at what all was received for just $10! A hair product, 2 lip products, 1 eye product, 1 face product, 1 nail product and the monthly “glam bag” which happens to be one of the best things about this subscription! I love all things beauty and I love Ipsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!