Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds

With November in full swing and a ton of pumpkins and pumpkin seeds left over we need to put them to use!
Why let a little ol' pumpkin rot away when it can be transformed into a wonderful yummy snack or dessert?
The fall season always brings the best aromas to our homes and the best recipes to our kitchens!
One of my favorite recipes is the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds!


As a child, I remember rolling out the newspapers, digging my hands down into the orange stringy slime and pulling out of the pumpkin guts. It might be one of the only times I really got dirty. I was and still am a girly girl. I hate getting all messy or making a mess.
I felt the need as a mother to share this experience with my daughter. So we took her leftover pumpkin and made this fabulous tasty snack!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Take the pumpkin seeds rinse and pat them dry between paper towels


Place the seeds in a bowl and mix with the sugar and cinnamon


Stir all together until well blended


Spread onto a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes


Cool before serving!


Isn't Madison's pumpkin the cutest? She drew the design on paper and we re-created it onto her pumpkin!

Now we are off to count the days until Thanksgiving where we will encounter more yummy recipes and create everlasting memories!

If you haven't already click here to enter the $1000 Christmas giveaway I am involved in right now! 
Good Luck!


1 comment:

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!