Monday, March 11, 2013

You, Me and A Cup Of Joe

How many of you adore a cup of coffee? How about making and building friendships? Great! You have settled down in the right place! My new found friend Kayln along with the sweet Lauren is hosting a new link up called Coffee and Conversation!
Last week, Kayln and Lauren introduced this new linkup where you can come and find out what's going on in your blogger friends life.
Now, we get to sit with our cup of joe and share life together! Sounds fun, right?!?!?

So come along on this journey. Make some new great friendships - isn't that why a lot of us started blogging anyway, to share life together. :)
Each week they will have a new topic and you can link up! Grab the button below and join us!

Coffee & Conversation

This weeks question: What is one of the most valuable lessons you have learned this year so far?

This was a very easy question for me to answer! I have had several eye opening experiences this year and we are only three months in!
The most valuable lesson I have learned is to not let people walk over you and learn when to say no! I am known as the push over. I let people take advantage of me. I let others say and do things and I tend to let them roll off my back without saying anything. I tend to hold everything in and then I break down.
This year I have chosen that the people who I want in my life are the ones who will make an effort for me as well. Calling, texting, emailing and visiting cannot happen daily and I am aware of that but when you feel like the friendship or relationship is one sided then it is not worth it. You can only work so hard on something without receiving the love in return before you give up. I noticed the excuses and I noticed things being said behind my back. This year on my list of New Year's Resolutions, building better friendships was my main focus. I can say proudly that I have moved my main focus to the ones who show me they care about me as much as I care about them.
via
As far as the "saying no" subject, I always say yes to everything. I am a people pleaser! My schedule might be completely full and I say yes. Someone needs help, yes. Someone wants to plan a dinner or lunch date, yes. If anyone asks or needs anything, yes. Trust me I am still working on this! It is VERY hard for me to say no to anyone. I am a very emotional person and I feel like I might hurt their feelings or that they won't ask again when they need it next time. It doesn't mean I will never say YES but sometimes I just cannot manage all that I have going on and add one more thing to the list. Is anyone else with me on this? Do you have a problem telling others no? Have you found a way to get around the feeling of guilt? I try really hard to balance my life with the life of others and it is still a work in progress, I just hate letting others down because I myself hate that feeling.



What valuable lesson have you learned this year?
Come back next Monday, pull up a chair, sip your warm delicious coffee and let's chat!


I am also on the lookout for anyone who wants to meet up for a blate (blogger + date = blate).
If you are or know of someone near Indiana please give me a shout out! 
We can meet, eat and drink coffee together outside of the little Internet world!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about relationships. There were people in my life that were only there for what they could get from me, not for me. I have since let go of those people and I am happier for it. I used to be a people pleaser as well, just practice saying no to a few small things then it will get easier to say no to bigger things. Just remember, you won't benefit anyone if you're worn out & tired.

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I have to say, OMGoodness I love that recovering people pleaser pic!!!

    Secondly, I just found your Coffee & Conversations post through Simply Free, and I'm glad I did!! I joined in on this new get together last week, and have enjoyed reading everyone's questions! I wish I could be like you and just learn to say no!!! It's such a hard habit to break!!

    I'm following you now, and I look forward to reading your weekly questions!!

    Kate @ Uniquely Undone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this! I can totally identify. And thanks for linking up :) Can't wait to read the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I loved it, and I have totally been there too. And I still have my moments. I love making new friends, so it's hard to say no and resist being a people pleaser. But so worth it and freeing when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! I love your post! I can completely relate! When life with my kids got busy I finally had enough and had to tell my friends and family that I just couldn't be there for them as much as I once was. I remember being so stressed out because I would take on too much and couldn't say no. Glad you are working on this, can't wait to read more of your posts! Zoe @ www.turquoisebohemian.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up with Coffee and Conversation! We appreciate your support and love in this community :) You are such a light to share this! I too have a huge problem with saying no. So glad to know that I can relate!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!