Thursday, March 7, 2013

Baby Your A Firework!

via
From the moment I saw Katy Perry in concert and heard the song Firework, it sparked a flame inside of me and has been going strong ever since.
Now don't get me wrong I let almost everything bother me.
I over analyze every small detail and question myself constantly.
What outfit to wear, how my hair should look, what is trending, how will I fit in and the list continues.
I think almost every girl and woman has this evil voice inside their head convincing themselves that the standards of the "popular crowd" is the only way to be.
Well let me slap a big fat reality check to that statement and say this:
via
These days the image portrayed is to be skinny but curvy, have gorgeous hair and a flawless face. Well you and I both know this is unattainable.
If you are striving to become the perfect representation of what everyone else thinks,
STOP NOW!
The only person who needs to be happy is YOU.
Only your opinion matters.
You are the only one who should be judging anything about yourself.
As my daughter grows up more and more each day all that haunts me are thoughts of the "mean girls" though out my life that I had to deal with and still deal with. Elementary, middle and high school there were always the few who made it a point to try and pick out every little negative thing about my group of friends or myself. Still to this day whether it is on Facebook, Twitter or through texts and emails you experience it as adults. The ugly remarks, the sarcastic phrases they pass off as jokes and the ignorant gestures made. It gets old. I think at a certain age, for most people at least you start to gain this new found confidence. That you are who you are and nothing will change that. I think I gained my confidence after I had my daughter. I saw the love she had for me, that what I looked like didn't matter and that she would always love me for me. So I took that into my entire perspective of life and ran with it. If my friends loved me for me they would understand if I didn't have the nicest clothes, handbags or latest hairstyle. If they loved me they would be okay with the fact that I don't want to go partying every weekend and that my fun time is spent playing board games, watching cartoons and being a hermit at home (most of the time). If they loved me they would respect that I am the overprotective mother and wife. And that I come off very reserved and unfriendly but I am really just shy and once you get to know me you totally understand everything. If my circle couldn't deal with the way I ran my life then they needed to be removed immediately. Self image is one thing but striving to become someone who are not just to please everyone else doesn't cut it. You have to make yourself happy before you can make someone else happy.

With that being said BABY YOUR A FIREWORK!
Remember that you are beautiful, you have potential and that the world cannot stop you from achieving greatness! Strive to be yourself, unique and one of a kind. Do not fall into the trap of what society perceives as "PERFECT". You can't please everyone!
I will leave you with inspirational, motivational and heart warming thoughts :)
via

via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via


via
via
via

Do see problems with this in your everyday life?
Problems in your kids life?
Please leave a comment and tell me your story!
I hope this inspires and motivates you to all your true potential and that you have SO much to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!