Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tis The Season For Cinnamon

 
It seems like every time I venture out on a random or purposeful shopping adventure I always migrate towards the cinnamon scented or flavored items. It is very orgasmic for me. Smelling the yummy scents, tasting the delicious cinnamon foods, drinking the hot and cold cinnamon flavored drinks, everything that involves cinnamon is on my hit list. During Christmas time and the winter season cinnamon items seem more accessible. This puts a smile on my face! I just can't say no to all of those wonderful things!
Having said that, here are some of my all time favorite items involving cinnamon:

Cinnamon apple chips:
 
Ingredients: 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. 2 large apples.
Recipe: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees . In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Using a serrated knife or mandoline, thinly slice the apples crosswise, discarding the seeds and both ends. Arrange in a single layer on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. 
Bake the apple slices, turning every half hour, until dry, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove and transfer to racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.  Serves 22 Recipe: Rachel Ray Magazine
 
Cinnamon Rolls:

Ingredients: 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed. 3 tablespoons butter, melted. 2/3 cup brown sugar. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!