Sunday, November 18, 2012

GBU Newbie

Happy Monday everyone & welcome to my first ever GBU weekly entry!
A quick explanation of what GBU is:
"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" is a synopsis of the good things, the bad things, and the ugly things that have happened over the weekend. I will be joining Kate @ Classy Living with this linkup every Monday.

The Good: Wow, did I impress myself this weekend. Almost five full hours of non-stop cleaning Saturday & almost four hours Sunday. I mean the deep cleaning, the Mary Poppins sparkling and shining cleaning! Closets, dressers, dusting, sweeping, mopping, laundry, dishes, donating, organizing cabinets, cleaning the inside & out of the refridgerator, toilet & anything else you could imagine. Needless to say, if I can keep the rest of the Tazmanian devils to keep their stuff picked up, spring cleaning will be the next time this occurs!

Source: Google via ianyanmag.com

The Bad: I am one of the most organized people you will meet or get to know. Paperwork, cabinets, closets, food in the fridge, budgets for bills, you name it. I am in control of where everything is and I do not keep things for very long. I am not a hoarder. I watch the reality show on tv about Hoarders and I just don't understand it. I understand it is a condition or can be caused my a tramatic experience but I would go completely nuts. I am not judging but for myself and my world I cannot do it. The bad of this weekend was tossing out all of my daughters old things. Donating them to friends makes it easier but in a blink of an eye your child is no longer that small infant staring back at you. They grow like weeds and that's no joke. Not being able to keep every craft, drawing, coloring sheet, toy & clothing might be the hardest thing for me. This weekend was one of those moments. Pulling the overwelming amounts of drawings off of the fridge and only saving a few. Knowing there will be more but in my eyes these are memories and seeing my little baby become a little girl is bittersweet.


 

The Ugly: The moment anyone dreads in their lives, paying bills. Wah wah. Sitting down and budgeting income to debt, what a mood ruiner. We are both blessed to have great paying jobs, food on the table and everything we need but sometimes if that winning lottery ticket would end up in our hands, the world would change! (Don't we all say that? Ha ha) Along with a laundry list of bills that needed to be paid, I have an upcoming oral surgery procedure lingering in the horizon & my husband has his sixth surgery since April, battling a staph infection from a surgery. Needless to stay, staying positive on the week of Thanksgiving will be an obstacle to overcome. All I can is I am grateful that things aren't worse and I turn to God to steer me in the right direction. I am hoping for a break and that everything will eventually fall into place. Every night I pray :)
Source: Google

~Brooke~
 
How was your weekend? Tell me about it! Grab a button and share your stories!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!