Thursday, September 12, 2013

What Men Want

Ever heard of What Women Want? The movie starring Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt? If not, here is a little sneak peek!
 
 

This movie always comes to mind when I think about men. Wouldn't it be awesome to hear men's thoughts?

In the movie, Mel Gibson finds that this superpower is not all it is cracked up to be and some things you just don't want to know.

There may be things you learn about a person that affects you negatively.

I only am saying this because for most women, understanding what men really want is the ultimate question. Now most people can say that the sexual side of things takes priority over anything else but with past experience this isn't true. There are a lot of things that make a relationship work. Anyone can lay down in a bed but it takes a special someone to maintain a household, provide for the family and to respect and love others around them.

I find myself trying to make sense of things that men say or do. What are they thinking? Why when you haven't talked all day you wish to continue the conversation but they can have a quick conversation and go about their merry way without batting an eye? What are they feeling? What causes them to act in certain ways? Why can't some women and men just get along? What makes it SO hard to communicate?

My downfall is I am the emotional one. I read too far into things. I question different scenarios and my insecurities get the best of me. In the past, this has ruined relationships. I often ask too many questions to reassure myself everything in the relationship is fine, or that the person still likes me. I would say that in a relationship I am needy for attention. If I am not receiving it, I think something is wrong or the other person is starting to get bored.
So in a scenario like this, I find myself asking what am I doing and why do I act in this way?

It sure would be nice to have at least one day with this superpower. There are a lot of questions I have yet to be answered by a man. I don't know if this stems from growing up without a father but it certainly has affected my way of thinking about men and myself.

It is hard to know what a man needs. What are their interests, what keeps their attention and ultimately what is their idea of a happily ever after?

Have you ever asked who you are dating, married to or in a relationship with that question?

via

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love everyone of your comments. They mean so much to me! Take the time to leave a comment and follow my blog. I will follow you back!